expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Łączna liczba wyświetleń

środa, 12 czerwca 2013

GDAŃSK THROUGH FOREIGN EYES...




"Gdansk has its own charm despite not bracing climate. I remember my first day or rather night in the city. At the airport invited me -26 degrees at midnight. That's when I’ve met one of the many Polish swearwords, which were used by other passengers who - like me - felt the same sudden frozen air. I already knew that there won’t be easy but it can be worth it. April and May were also cool, people have told me I was unlucky cause I found cold spring that year.
This year, I see if they were right ... Gdansk – I’m coming!
To your wind from the sea, wooden piers, street musicians, the old town and playing and drinking people who regardless of age can be nice. Gdansk means people."


Kwok Wai Lin from Hong Kong:


"Looking at photos from my album, I can't stop thinking of a long vacation!! Of course the place I want to go most, a stately and stunning City, Gdansk!!!

First time I walked along the main town (Glowne Miasto), those Gothic charming buildings and church tower brought me into fairy tale world.

Church bells melodious music around, slabby stone path leading me among the Neptune Fountain, the Golden Gate and the medieval crane. All these elements compose this poetic place and showing people her historic character.
I am lucky to rock and be rocked this City by summer and winter time some years ago.
Obviously I don't need to say how excited to face almost 100 cm thick accumulated snow at my height 152cm.
I wish I could make snowman but you know, it was embarrassing to have such childishness but deep down, I really wanted!! Haha...
The last day of my stay, I had to go Warsaw airport by train due to icy road. I am thankful because Youtube was not popular at that time, otherwise people in the world will see one Chinese shorty dancing Can-Can outside of train station of Gdansk under -14 degrees centigrade. It is the best part of this winter trip!
Summer Summer Summer... I was steeped in greenish blue world.  Without harsh temperature, I went kayaking and walking through forests. Um, landlubber went kayaking?
Yes, I went into a kayak wearing a safe vest, properly kid size but for sure that my dearest friend would keep me undamaged.
Row Row Row your boat, gently down the stream…la, la, la…” Was it a dream?? Haha...
You may laugh if I am telling you how extraordinary happy I had while picking mushroom & berries from woods. I mean it, I wish I can get so close to nature but I am living in high density city, development takes green elements away. How can Hong Kong people get a clutch for balance?
Oh, right here I suddenly realize my friends care me so much, they spent so much time with me!!!
The City and friends  from Gdansk make me have no excuse to miss!!"


"First time I came to Gdańsk three years ago and I found Dominican Fair. The event has own unique atmosphere, crowded streets, noisy tourists and traders all teeming with life also you can see a lot of concerts and performances. I recommend this place for everybody who want find interesting and original things." 




"The first time I’ve visited Gdańsk in May. It was my stop during the journey across the Europe (Czech Republic-Italy-Belgium-Netherlands). I felt in love in the city on the first day, that’s why I decided to advertise it around the European trip. After a week of traveling I was come back for a few days more to Poland to know better Polish tastes and habits, and see that Gdańsk (although it’s  windy even in May) has its own unique flavor."





During the November trip to Gdansk I was walking along of many pubs on Mołtawa than I saw  the House of Sushi. It was a terrible cold and windy so I decide to go inside. Small restaurant has own climate. To warm up, I order  hot plum wine with orange slice  -  delicious! I sat at the small river boats with sushi. Then with a sushi master, who answered my all questions we composed mine dream fish bites, from  raw to warm and even burning :) all very good quality and taste. This is where I ate my first sushi I will never forget it!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz